Superannuation is debatably one of the most tax-effective savings and investment vehicles for retirement. For many people, their superannuation is the most significant asset they hold apart from their house and having the right advice on their super can have a substantial effect on what they may consider their sheltered nest egg.
At Fortuna, our qualified and trusted advisors remove the complexity around superannuation, comb through the variety of super options available and discuss with you to provide high quality, cost-effective and bespoke advice.
We help you decide on the best strategy to undertake when making contributions into your super. Additionally, we advise on the investment options that best suit your risk profile and formulate a plan to could help with your transition into retirement.
By forming a solid superannuation strategy, you prepare yourself for a better standard of living upon retirement and take advantage of:
- Tax concessions,
- Financial incentives & rebates,
- Transition to retirement (TTR) rules,
- Retirement income streams,
- Gearing & Asset protection benefits,
- Flexibility with estate planning
- Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF) and,
- Salary Packaging (salary sacrifice)
Services we offer
- Advice on the choice of a superfund
- Advice on the Set-up of a new SMSF
- Pension planning and projections
- Contribution splitting strategies
- Tax effective retirement strategies
- Investment structuring
- Salary Sacrifice advice
- Advice on insurance types and their benefits
- Pension commencement advice,
- Advice on changes in superannuation legislation
- Advice on constitutionally protected funds
Self-managed super funds (SMSF) are a way of saving for your retirement. An SMSF is a private superannuation fund that you manage yourself. Knowing everything about a self-managed super fund (SMSF) is not a prerequisite to having one but having one may be beneficial to you. On the contrary, it may also not be for you at all.
At Fortuna, our specialised advisors discuss your objectives to help you decide whether an SMSF would be the best investment vehicle given your circumstances. We then work to establish, structure, manage and advise on your fund should you choose to have one.
Benefits of SMSFs
Flexibility and control are some of the leading benefits of managing your own SMSF. If maintained well, SMSFs can be an excellent vehicle for tax-effective investments, great wealth creations and all-around estate planning structuring.
Knowing that you have our constant support, advice and assistance whenever you need it can position you well to capitalise on the benefits of having an SMSF, if at all.
Why more Australians are embracing SMSF’s:
- Heightened awareness of how important it is to save for retirement
- People want to be in control of their investments
- Changes in legislation
- An aging population
Although you bear the responsibility of being a trustee or director of your fund, we provide reliable and expert advice to allow you to make informed decisions for your SMSF and give you the confidence to act boldly for your members.
How we can help you
- With cost-effective fund set up and management
- Provision of strategic advice tailored to your fund and financial goals
- Compliant administration
- On-going reporting on the performance of your SMSF
- Preparation of annual Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement
- Preparation of an Annual Audit
- Preparation of annual Member Statements
- Preparation of annual Trustee Resolutions and Minutes
- Preparation and Lodgement of an annual Income Tax Return
Feel free to give us a call for a discussion on how we can help you today.